Sunday, September 23, 2007

All I have need of...

I'm calm. And it feels good to be so.

For all the emotional whirlwind and turmoil I've been through, tonight I am relatively calm and content. Amidst the warm glow my bedside lamp (which I got during a spontaneous shopping trip with two dear girlfriends - another memory to cherish), I am just basking in life.

True, I may not have it all - stunning looks, better car, significant other, money, ...and more money.

But what I do have, I cherish with all my heart; I'm thankful to God for showering me with His blessings... A supportive family to keep me grounded in the roots of their love... Great friends who walk (wade?) through life with me and help me unravel the problems I face... An exciting job that I love, and a great boss [=)] who has given me chance after chance to develop and hone my capabilities... A wonderful church that seeks to inspire, impact and influence others with the gospel of Christ.

Of COURSE things could be better. I'm rarely happy with anything. For long, anyway. (Sorry lah, perfectionist.)

But tonight I'm grateful for that and those that I do have; the lovely aspects of my life. Time alone, personal achievements, opportunities to bless and touch lives.

Thank You, Lord, for reminding me to be still in Your presence, and know that You are God. Thank You, Lord, for all that You are.

"All I have need of His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me..."

No comments: