Thursday, December 04, 2008

An Open Letter (Part II)

Hey.

I know that life's circumstances don't favour us sometimes. We may have so much, yet so little; deep down we still ache for the very thing that will make our happiness complete... it's either not there, or just out of reach.

In my 20-odd years, I have found that we may not get all our desires - and answers - on this side of heaven. We cannot control things, can never force our way through. I know it hurts. I know it hurts.

So what then? Do we sit and mope? Ache and be angry? Throw in the towel and give up? Believe me, I'm at that last stage now. It's not nice to be here.

We learn to leave every dream to Him. Every desire. Even the unspoken ones - those seen in our eyes, hanging in our tongues, surging through our veins. And each day, we seek to edify others by our lives. We seek to make them smile, in return for the smiles they imprint in our hearts.

If you have the opportunity to create memories, then create them... more and more of them so that there will be ample chance to savour each one. These may be the things that keep it alive, long after...

Hey. I understand more than you think I do. Ditto. *small smile*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* The Open Letter series are just... that. Sometimes I am unable to tell it to their faces, for fear of offending them. At other times, I'm just not able to get the message through. My aim is for the intended recipient to know what's in my heart, without being overly 'blah' about it.

Part 1 was written for another recipient some years back, but in a fit of rage, I had it deleted. I have never forgotten its contents, but in some strange way, I feel that it did not warrant a rewrite.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We seek to make them smile, in return for the smiles they imprint in our hearts."

=)

thank you..
*it's me xD*

~ Jules ~ said...

>_<