Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Begging, Bargaining, Pleading

... for an ounce of faith, the size of a mustard seed, so that I will believe in Your promises made available through Your word.

... for You to intervene, according to Your nature: God of mercy, God of grace, God of love. The Jehovah Jireh - provider of immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine. The Jehovah Rapha - the God who heals. The Jehovah Shamma - the manifest God, present with us to the very end of age.

... for You to be my strength; to be the One I cling on to when my faith threatens to be badly shaken... for You to guide me by Your word, Your spirit, Your people.

... for my eyes to see beyond the current circumstances and wait on You for that miracle of deliverance only You can bring... for my voice to learn to ever praise You, in the good times and bad, even if I'm choking up inside. Help me dear Lord, help me to live to please You.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are these the lyrics of a song? You should put a tune to it....coz it's beautiful. The words are so honest and sincere.

Really like your song "Bila", besides having a such deep and meaningful lyrics, the tune simply fits in so well. It makes me proud everytime I introduce the song to my friends here. I would proudly tell them, "the song is in Malay!!".

~ Jules ~ said...

Hi Meisin,

Haven't tried putting a tune to this yet! I'm more of a lyricist, methinks... but maybe I should get someone to add a tune...

Really glad that you enjoy "Bila", and praise God for His blessings! Take care, girl!

Sarah.... said...

I love "Bila" too! And I've also been singing it to my friends, vocal teacher and accompanist! Just so you know that your song has made it to America =) It's the best Malay Christian song that Sarah Wong knows.

How have you been, Julia? Me mises you!

~ Jules ~ said...

Dear Sarah,

Awwwww.... =) Praise God indeed... Till today I find it ironic that "Bila" was born as a result of dark times - but I guess that's when we see God the clearest.

I've been good! Crazy but good! *hehe* ... Me misses you too!!