Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Such A High Calling, Lord

Why does Your commandment have a responsibility to You and to others?
Why is loving others so difficult?
Why should I extend forgiveness 49 times? Okay Lord, I understand, You mean it to be more than that. But I've a problem with forgiving the same person even 10 times.
A high calling, Lord... Such a high calling.

How could You ignore it, Lord, when people kicked and spat at You?
How could You remain silent amidst the jeers?
How could You die for a people who didn't love You back?
A high calling, Lord... Such a high calling.

Why can't I be like You Lord?
How can I take things calmly when others are mean to me without reason?
Why can't I just learn to forgive and forget? Oh I almost forgot. I am woman, after all.
Still, a high calling, Lord... Such a high calling.

I need You Lord. I need You to pull me up to fulfil the high calling.

Happy new year, Julia. May the rest of the 364 days in 2008 be happier than this.

No comments: