Saturday, October 20, 2007

What caught my eye

KL Tower against the backdrop of eye-catching cloud formations. God's a great sculptor. Taken en route to work. Yes, traffic was slow-moving.




The adorable little girl on the right is one of the most sociable tykes I've seen - in fact she wanted to follow me home!!! The younger daughter of the PD church pastor (captured on the far right in the background).

I can tell Daddy's had more time on his hands. He's started planting flowers again, this time in our backyard (it was always in the frontyard in the past, but now that's for the cars). The Sunday I was back, we had 13 blooms; lovely hibiscus in various colours. He also has the "keng hwa" plant, where the rather-large white-petalled flower blooms only at night and gives off a fragrant smell. Wish I could be home to see that again.




I'll never forget the day I received these for the first time, some years back. Something about the vivid colours just makes me smile, even in mid-stride in bustling Sydney, Australia. Thank you for the memories.




Twillight Zone. No, it's the view of KLIA terminal as we were on the SkyTrain, hurtling speedily towards the international terminal. Sometimes I wish I could take a train to escape into someplace surreal; after all, in some parts of life we feel as if we're living in unreality.

No comments: