Tuesday, October 02, 2007

PAIN

"Women have a higher threshold for pain," so I was told today.

"It's only because God knew how beastly men could be," I thought bitterly.

Even though a thought half-deranged, I suspect that there is some grain of truth in this.

PAIN is when I'm told to edit some work that is badly done.
PAIN is when I'm also told to be kind, and as a result I cannot lose my temper.
PAIN is when I'm mistaken for an unkind person when all I seek to do is set the record straight and move on.

There are some things I cannot stand.

1) STUPIDITY. --- Sometimes also called the 'illogical' mind. Instructions are given for a reason: to be followed. And if they aren't, you better have a good - no, a better - reason to convince me why it should be done the other way. I welcome new ideas, but only if they are better than the last one. Else, buzz off, and toe the line.

And oh, I hate nagging. So if I have said something once, I don't wish to repeat myself; not once, and certainly not up to 5 times.

2) LACK OF INITIATIVE. --- Nothing falls from the sky onto your lap. You have to work it out. Try, at least! If I cannot trust you to be resourceful and look for the info you need, I cannot trust you to do anything at all. If you are not interested to drive your own way, I'm not going to help you. It's too much work, and it's not worth it.

3) HAVING NO OPINION. --- I cannot imagine how people can go through life without making their own decisions, or having their own thoughts and opinions about things. Heck, I've come across some people who are totally IGNORANT of the issues that affect them. I have no respect for persons as such. I mean, I'd rather be with people with opposite views than no views at all! Fight it out, if we must, but at least there is some brain activity going on; you know what I mean?

... think I better stop here before I draw blood. Suffice to say that sometimes, blur-and-unresourceful beings get in my way, and hamper my own progress. I might be accused of being unreasonable, unhelpful, and impatient - and perhaps that is true to an extent, but only if I'm faced in a helpless situation, with limitations imposed on me.

It is true. Women have a higher threshold for pain.

No prizes for who could be inflicting it.

No comments: