Saturday, May 01, 2010

"She Believes In Me"

That's the song that's playing in the background as I type this.

There's just something about this song that has a hold on me.

"She believes in me
I'll never know just what she sees in me
I told her someday if she was my girl
I could change the world with my little song
But I was wrong

But she has faith in me
And so I'll go on trying faithfully
And maybe someday on some special night if my song is right
I can find the way... while she waits."
(She Believes In Me, Kenny Rogers)

... The fairytale of a love so deep, that it is willing to conquer all things, withstand all storms, stand strong through the test of time.

...The realization that there ARE things we can do to inspire another person in ways we could never imagine. To be by their side in encouragement to aim higher, and reach for their dreams. To celebrate ALL achievements big and small but no less significant.

...The dim recollection of what it was like, years ago, to have a sunny disposition and positive outlook, because negativity never helped. Discovering that it has been replaced by a large dose of skepticism...

I know not the exact nature of my innermost thoughts, the exact description of all the swirling stuff going on. All I know is that a part of me has become unbalanced, unhinged, dislodged.

I guess, I'll just take it one step at a time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: