Sunday, August 09, 2009

Finding my footing

Isn't it amazing that you still find yourself standing upright when inside you're just crumbling all over?

Ain't it weird how you still find the strength to run and get things done even if you thought you had no energy left to lift your arms, much less take another step?

What pushes you, really?

Desperation to prove a point? Helplessness over the situation? Need for (over)achievement?

Thing is - at some juncture we're bound to tire of it, right? Begin thinking that there's gotta be more to life than this?

Sigh. I don't want to come to the realization one day that all I've done / am doing is not worth it. Sometimes I need to know that there is such a thing as balance; that it isn't a sin to sit down and watch the world go by; that I don't have to be the one running the rat race all the time.

I need to find my footing. I hope I find it before I fall flat on my face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: