Thursday, August 02, 2007

PMS

I hate it when I get crabby for no apparent reason, and I take things too personally. I hate it when it causes my words to come faster outta my mouth than through my brain. I hate it that everything that can irritate me WILL irritate me.

PMS = Pre-Menstrual Syndrome, is the season when hormonal changes in a woman's body affect her moods. In some seasons it gets me flying into rages of raging fury; at other times it brings me great bouts of depression I cannot get out of. In both types, I am seemingly uncontrollable. Logic doesn't register. There's no telling what I can do and say. Heck, sometimes my brain asks, "Why are you doing this?" when the words are darting rapidly out of my mouth. Talk about confusion of self-image.

As a result, I am a hazard to others, and a hazard to myself. I am the peace-disrupter, killjoy to the highest degree.

Asking around, no one can give me remedy for it; nothing I can eat or drink to curb the effects of PMS. The only thing I can do is to be more aware of it. And try to take things as calmly as I possibly can, mustering the best piece of logic I can squeeze out.

People, I'm sorry if I have said or done things that have inadvertently hurt you during these seasons. I'm trying, I really am, to be a better person. Please bear with me.

No comments: