Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Not one day

Have you ever wished you could undo some things in your life? Like, perhaps, not said a few things, not embarked on a journey, not beheld some gruesome scenes, including the slicing of your own heart?

Sometimes we think that we're all the better for NOT going through certain experiences; that life would be better if we could only smile all the time and eliminate the hurts. Sometimes we figure, "If only I could've peeked into the future and predicted this pain, so I wouldn't have started it in the first place, no matter how beautiful it seems now."

Oh how flawed this thinking is. (Oh no, speaka like Yoda I am. But continue writing I will.)

Had I not gone through a tremendously stressful stint under my previous employer, I would not have learnt how to manage multiple clients - a skill put to good use in my present employment. I would not be able to fully appreciate the value of commitment, teamwork and visionary management, the way I do today.

Had I not made a few mistakes in my relationships, I would not be attentive to the little and large issues that could crop up at a later stage and potentially cause us to stumble. I would not believe that setting him free to love another is sometimes the truest evidence of affection, of wanting nothing but the best for him. *smiles*

Had I not left my family and tasted a sliver of this city life, I would not fully appreciate the joy, security and comfort that is home... Taking pleasure in the simple things, like mum's home-cooked food, dad's easy banter, Jan's infectious laughter; like running my fingers on my piano; like reading and falling asleep on the couch - just because I could.

... The Bible tells us God saw all our days before He allowed one of them to come to pass. It also says that He works for our good in all things. Therefore, He allowed EVERYTHING to happen to us, that we may live and learn.

It's a hard lesson, Lord, but okay. You love us and You see us through the seasons, so it's okay.

If I could relive 2006, I wouldn't change a thing. Not one day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, unless you have embarked on life’s adventures, how can you say you have lived your life to the fullest…

And unless you have walked the long journey, how could you say you have come this far when you are frail…

Unless you have tasted bitterness, how would you appreciate sweetness…

Unless you have loved, how can you reminisce the beautiful moments of life…

Eternity and lasting relationship, don’t we all yearn…it’s the moments together, however fleeting, that we should relish…

Anonymous said...

i don't have infectious laughter la okie ? hehehe (oops).. and btw, it's OUR piano.. not YOURS aje.. hahaha !!! just think positively ler chieh ~! 2007 just started, so look forward to many more lessons to come yeah yeah ???
*jar jar*

Anonymous said...

change my past, i would not.
every cry, every tear, every hurt,
a purpose they bear.
so change my past, i would not.
=)