Monday, March 26, 2007

It's not easy to be me

For one thing, I am woman. That means I am prone to mood swings, which are heightened during PMS, when my words go through my mouth faster than through my brain. It also means I have a bitchy side to me... I believe all women have the capacity to be so; it's just whether we choose to harness it or otherwise.

And then there's the musician part of me. The one that is influenced by my wider emotional range... For me, the line blurs as to which influences whom... Do I play the way I do because I'm emotional naturally, or am I emotional because I'm so in touch with it on a regular basis through my music?

Temperamental. Eccentric. Quirky.
Musical. Wacky. Nuts (and proud to be).
Emotional. Trying not to be. Can't afford to be.

Do you think I like me this way? Not quite. Not at all, in fact. If you think you're disappointed in me, think about how disappointed I am with myself.
Sometimes I wish I wasn't so aware of my failings. "FAIL" is my four-letter F-word. Sometimes I wish I wasn't born the way I was. It's just not easy to be me.

"I may be disturbed... I'm not crazy, or anything."

3 comments:

noelocs said...

Lay down, don't hold everything so tight until we lose our cool:) Appreciate the good side of us for this could be a blessing to the people around you...

Sarah.... said...

I love you just the way you are. You wouldn't be Julia if you weren't the exact way you are.

~ Jules ~ said...

hey noel, yeah i need to take it easy sometimes... it's a conscious effort...

dear dear sarah, one word: Aww.... *hugs* ... okay okay more words: I guess being the emotional musician has its pros and cons, its seasons that one must weather.